Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Wonderful Family

I know everyone thinks their family is wonderful, and they are right.
However, I think mine is more than wonderful - it's amazing!!!
My husband (of almost 18 years) has been so supportive of this whole business.  My kids think that it's funny when I come home from the gym exhausted and sore.  Not in a "make fun of Mom" kind of way, but they think I've gone a little bit nuts.  My 14 year old and I have "gun shows" showing off our biceps trying to see whose is bigger.  He still wins at this point.
I spend a small fortune on supplements, food, and training sessions - all the while my husband doesn't blink an eye.  He has actually been looking at all the shoes and competition suits online with me and not made one wise crack or joke about them, which is a miracle in and of itself. 
I can't eat what they are eating at meal times anymore, but I do try to work my meals in at the same time so we can eat as a family (honestly, those don't happen often except on the weekend).  They don't make me feel guilty about it.  In fact, they have been great about it.

Truthfully, if I didn't have them backing me, I wouldn't be able to do this.  I am truly amazed at how much they are willing to go through for this crazy goal of mine.

All that being said, my husband has reaped quite a few benefits out of this whole deal.  I catch him checking me out quite bit here lately.  He told me the other day that I am in the best shape that he has ever seen, and I have known him since I was 17 years old.  He's never had a wife that had butt before, and he likes it. :)

In short, my family loves me so much that they are willing to happily out up with all of this mess.  I just hope that I can, in turn, make them proud.


Question of the day:
Does your family support you in your fitness goals or not?  If not, how do you manage to keep working to accomplish them?


Workout Log

I have bumped up my lifting to six days a week now.  So, I'm lifting Monday-Saturday with Sunday being a rest day.  I'm hitting the most important areas twice a week along with trying to lift heavier.

No comments:

Post a Comment