Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm going to do. . .WHAT?!?

So, honestly, this idea been rolling around in my head since last Spring. I got the idea that I might like to try to compete in a Figure competition.  I know, I know - I'm crazy, right?  Well, we all knew that before.  This just kind of proves it.  Again.

All that being said, here I go.  I've been working with a trainer since August with the intention of competing this year  - maybe May or June.  So, January 1 was my actual start date of the training/nutrition program. 

I am creating this blog as a kind of accountability tool for myself.  I am going to post on my FB page for anyone who want to go along with me on this crazy journey.  The plan is to post my workouts that I've done for the day as well as my food log.  Of course, as I get closer to competition, I'll probably post some pictures to track my progress.  In fact, I will post some pictures so I will know where I am starting from later on.  Please be patient with me, as this is a work in progress.  I'm very new to blogging, probably I'll be playing with layout, colors, and things like that.  Be patient.  I'll get it worked out.  Maybe.

Most importantly, I want to use this as a place to put in to words what I am feeling, too.  Because this is going to be a mental challenge for me, too.  I know that I am not the only person to attempt to do this, but this is MY first time.  I've got no clue about what I'm doing, and in my world, that's scary.  I'm way out of my comfort zone - physically and mentally.  I'm already second guessing myself at times.  I mean, really, I've got a husband, four kids, and I'm not young and cute anymore.  Am I really going to have the courage to wear one of those suits?!? I know I'm fighting an uphill battle, however, I'm willing to fight.

It's not going to be easy, but if it was easy it wouldn't be worth it.  If I wasn't scared, it wouldn't be worth it.

Watch me go. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment