Thursday, January 17, 2013

My Workout Buddy <3

I know that a lot of people have a workout buddy.  The idea being that you have someone to hold you accountable to your workout.  Someone to keep you focused on your goal (whatever it might be).  However, nobody has a workout buddy like mine.  And no, you can't have her.  She's mine, and I don't share.

I have known her for several years as we have kids the same age.  Her daughter has been my son's "girlfriend" since they were in their little bouncy seats.  They are now in kindergarten.  Her son has been my other son's best friend since preschool.  Honestly, she is my closest friend.  She was there when I decided to get up off my ever-widening rear and make a change.  She watched me muddle through learning how to cook all over again (I'm a self proclaimed food snob), and learn how to make fitness an everyday lifestyle.  So, she knows where I've been, and she knows what my goals are.

A few months ago, she started working out with me.  Even though her goals are a bit different than mine, she hangs with me through every workout - rep for rep.  She pushes herself, which pushes me.  She also helps to keep it fun.  I know that there are a lot of people that think that there is no place in the gym for laughter, but they've never watched our trainer's ears turn six shades of red from the wisecracks we make. There are some workouts that I'm not sure I could make it through if it weren't for that. She brags about me all the time to our mutual friends, which really she is the one that deserves so much credit.  She stopped smoking (which is probably the hardest thing ever).  She ran a half marathon.  She committed to getting herself healthy.  All this while helping her husband run their business.  Oh yeah, and take care of two kids.

She's amazing. I'm so proud of her.

Today's Workout

Legs

Incline Leg Press 
Set 1 - 35 reps @ 90lb
Set 2 - 30 reps @ 140lb
Set 3 - 25 reps @ 180lb
Set 4 - 20 reps @ 250lb

Weighted Walking DB Lunges
Set 1 - 20 reps @ 15lb DB
Set 2 - 20 reps @ 25lb DB
Set 3 - 20 reps @ 35lb DB (whew!!!)

Wall Squats with Stability Ball 
No Weight - "Ass to Grass" as my trainer calls them :)
3 Sets @ 15 reps

Lying Leg Curls*
3 Sets - 20 reps @ 20lb

Seated Leg Curls*
3 Sets - 20 reps @ 65lb

Standing Leg Lifts
3 Sets - 20 reps no weight on machine

Leg Extensions
7 Sets - 20 reps @ 65lb

So, yes. Tomorrow I may have a little hitch in my giddy-up. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment