Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I PASSED!!!!!

As I sat down to log in the workout for today, I got an email from ISSA that I passed the personal trainers certification test.  WooHoo!!!! I am so happy!! Not only did I pass, but I made an 88 - which makes me even HAPPIER!!  I cannot wait to start training. I am so excited!!

Okay, happy dance is done. :)

Today's workout was all about the back, which is has been kind of an issue for me.  Not because I can't do the weight, but because my grip really sucks.  There's really not a better way to explain it.  So, I got a pair of lifting hooks, and today has been the first really serious back workout that I have done with them.  It really made a difference!! I (and when I say "I," I really mean my trainer) was able to really put some heavier weight on the machines and the bar.  I am very pleased with what I did today.  So, all in all, I am a happy girl. :)


Today's Workout (Back)

Stairclimber Intervals - 20 min

Assisted Pullups - alternating grip between neutral and wide grip
4 sets to failure @ 110lb assistance

Seated Cable Rows
Set 1 - 20 reps @ 50lbs
Set 2 - 20 reps @ 70lbs
Set 3 - 20 reps @ 100lbs

Barbell Underhand Rows*
Set 1 - 12 reps @ 45lbs
Set 2 - 12 reps @ 65lbs
Set 3 - 12 reps @ 75lbs

Cable Pulldowns - Wide Grip*
Set 1 - reps to failure @ 50lbs
Set 2 - reps to failure @ 70lbs
Set 3 - reps to failure @ 70lbs

Straight Arm Cable Pulldowns
Set 1 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 2 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 3 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 4 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 5 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 6 - 15 reps @ 50lbs
Set 7 - 15 reps @ 50lbs

*Superset

No comments:

Post a Comment